Yuvraj is a player who is loved by many Indians. You can guess by his performance with 5 games where he took 12 wickets, and the average economy was 11.50 and a 3.39. In the group stage, his most outstanding bowling performance (4/15) that came against the Nepal U19 team. However, in 8 games, Yuvraj made 4 catches on the field. For all those achievements, Yuvraj Singh received the Man of the Tournament award.
When Singh was born into their family, Shabnam Singh and former Indian cricketer Yograj Singh were both Punjabi Sikhs. When he was younger, Yuvraj excelled at both tennis and rollerblading and enjoyed playing both sports. Additionally, he won the under-14 national roller-skating tournament.
Career in ODI
- Young players like Mohammad Kaif and Yuvraj Singh got the honor to wear the official jersey of the national team and signify the elder side as a new era in Indian cricket began under the leadership of another renowned left-handed batsman, Sourabh Ganguly.
- On October 3, 2000, Yuvraj Singh played his first ODI against Kenya in the ICC Champions Trophy. The novice failed to create any outstanding performances at the start.
- In the opening game at Lords, Yuvraj’s performance was outstanding and that was 64* and 3/39, which earned him the title man of the match. Yuvraj scored 31 runs in the following game against the Sri Lankans and formed a great partnership with Mohammed Kaif. And, the left-handed all-rounder kept putting on incredible performances, even in the championship game.
- After 24 overs and when the runs were 146/5, Yuvraj entered the batting order, and he need to make 325 runs. Right, impossible! Kaif and Yuvi established a dependable alliance and eventually won the game by 3 balls. One of the best ODI triumphs for the India was Yuvraj’s 69 off 63 balls. Up until 2011, he continued to develop as one of India’s indispensable middle-order batters.
- After his motivational Yuvi was unable to reclaim his place on the Indian team because of his cancer. He made a huge comeback after missing the ODI that he couldn’t play for four years, and the duration was from 2013 to 2017.
- In the second game after his comeback, he made 150 runs against England. He did, however, play his final ODI in June and the opponent was the West Indies, and he scored 37.
International Cricket Council (ICC) World Cup 2011
- During the 2011 ICC World Cup, Yuvraj Singh was unstoppable. Throughout the competition, he was named man of the match four times. Whenever the side needed him to chip in some runs or break a partnership by getting some vital wickets, he was Mr Consistent. Yuvraj amassed 362 runs and 15 wickets in nine games.
- Utilizing his sluggish left-arm spinners to become known as the nation’s golden arm.
Career in IPL
- At Kings XI Punjab, Yuvraj Singh began his Indian Premier League career. In their first two seasons, he served as team captain. KXIP finished second in the league stage of the 2010 IPL season, although they were defeated by the Chennai Super Kings in the semifinals.
- On May 1, 2009, Yuvraj Singh completed his first T20 hat trick against Royal Challengers Bangalore. Two weeks later, against the old team Decan Chargers, he pulled up his second hat trick by dismissing Andrew Symonds, Herschelle Gibbs, and Venugopal Rao.
- Ipl cricket news showed that Yuvraj was acquired by the upstart Pune Warriors in 2011 and named their captain. He ran for 343 runs, averaging Pune placed ninth in 34.30, including two half-centuries.““““““““““““““`
- Yuvi garnered attention during the IPL 2014 auctions when the RCB paid Rs 14 crores for him. He scored 376 runs in 14 games for an average of 34.18 and a strike rate of 135.25, making it his best IPL season.
- He played for the SRH in a productive IPL season. Yuvi won the IPL championship in the finals with a 38-run performance off of 23 balls. The poorest IPL season was in 2018 when he only scored 64 runs for the KXIP at an average of 12.80.
- He was bought by Mumbai Indians for Rs. 1 crore before the 2019 season. However, Yuvraj did not make a significant impact during their championship-winning season, which prompted the franchise to fire him.
- Yuvi participated in IPL for six different teams.
- Yuvi Singh participated in the IPL for six different clubs.
Six-sixes from Yuvraj Singh
After a sad departure from the ICC World Cup, Yuvraj Singh led India to victory in the initial tournament of T20 World Cup. Along the way, Yuvraj reached fifty in the shortest time ever. He accomplished this by hitting six sixes in a row. The record he made half century within just 12 balls is still standing today. Additionally, Yuvraj Singh helped India advance to the Finals by scoring a huge run, which 70 outstanding runs within 30 balls, and the opponent was Australia in the semi-finale.
Records by Yuvraj Singh
- In the T20 category, hit six consecutive sixes in a single over.
- In both the ICC ODI and T20 World Cups, the series MVP was named.
- Accumulated five wickets and reached fifty in a single match on the world cup.
- Yuvraj Singh, after Sachin, is the second cricketer of India who was signed by Yorkshire, an English county.
- Yuvraj, is the all-rounder (first one more specifically) to surpass 300 runs and took 15 wickets in a single World Cup.
- Indian player who wasTwenty20 cricket has more than 100 sixes.
Achievement & Awards
- Yuvraj Singh was named Man of the Tournament in the 2011 Cricket World Cup by the ICC.
- In 2012, Yuvraj Singh won the Arjuna Award, which is the second-most honorary award in sports in India.
- Yuvi also won the Padma Shri Award in 2014.
- In 2014, Yuvraj received the Most Inspiring Sportsperson of the Year Award from the FICCI.
- A notable moment in Yuvraj Singh’s biography is his victory over cancer.
- The man of the match’s cancer was discovered in 2011 under the bright lights of Wankhede Stadium, as the entire country was experiencing the pride of being Indian. People feared Yuvi might not show up at all, but the fact that he emerged triumphantly from the ashes and then returned is evidence of the man’s tenacity.
- His decision to launch the fantastic programme “YouWeCan,” which aids cancer patients in their treatment, was inspired by his experience undergoing chemotherapy.
- Power Brands presented Yuvraj Singh with the Bharatiya Manavata Vikas Puraskar in August 2018 in recognition of his effect on the field and off it, his humility in the face of greatness, and his leadership in the fight against cancer.